The Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation, or KSIDC as it is popularly known, was formed in 1961 as part of a Central Government initiative to boost industrialization in the states. Since then, it has been active in three areas- the promotion of Kerala as an investment destination, facilitation of investment and funding. As the chief investment promotion arm of the State Government, KSIDC has been the backbone of several highly successful ventures. These include The Cochin International Airport Ltd, Nitta Gelatin, CGH Earth, Geojit BNP Paribas, and Lakeshore Hospital. KSIDC is the government agency that that has speeded up the industrial development of Kerala by identifying potential areas of growth and by giving private entrepreneurs a helping hand to realize their dreams.
KSIDC, as a facilitator and financier for industries, offers wide ranging assistance in industrial promotion.
The key areas of our focus include:
- Identification of Investment Ideas
- Translating ideas into concrete proposals
- Feasibility Study, Project Evaluation
- Financial Structuring, Loan Syndication
- Assisting in Central and State Govt. Clearances
- Development and Administration of Growth Centers
- Industrial and Infrastructure development
So far, KSIDC has promoted more than 641 Projects in the State with an investment outlay of Rs. 4848 crores providing employment to approximately 71,100 persons.