Special Incentives and Schemes Put Forth By Kerala Government for Boosting Women Entrepreneurship
Women in Kerala top the country in terms of education and literacy rates. But that is only half the story. Today they are taking another step forward. Women in Kerala are taking to entrepreneurship in large numbers. The Economic Review, 2014 of the state says that 25 per cent of the 2,34,251 working SSIs/MSMEs registered in Kerala were promoted by women. 3354 new enterprises were registered in the state by women during the year 2014.
With the support of agencies like KSIDC, the government has proposed and brought into action various policies which are aimed at improving the standard and opportunities of Women Entrepreneurship in the state.
Special Incentives for Women Entrepreneurs in Kerala :
- Entrepreneurship societies formed by girl students in colleges will be given 5% grace marks.
- Selected entrepreneurs will be given free training and stipend.
- Financial assistance upto 80% of project cost will be arranged through bank loans.
- Advertisement tariff at Government rate will be made applicable for the advertisements of such venture through media.
- 50% subsidy for stalls/advertisements in shopping festivals organized by Government / Quasi Government Institutions.
- Marketing of the products will be arranged through Government/ Quasi Government organisations
- Interest subvention scheme of State government for woman entrepreneurs – The entire interest on loans availed from any scheduled bank up to a maximum of Rs.5 lakh per annum for three years by industrial units run by women employing not less than 50% of women in its work force, will be borne by the government
Schemes by government for women entrepreneurs :
- Trade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development (TREAD) Scheme for Women provides government grant up to 30 per cent of project cost
- Mahila Udyam Nidhi – provides soft loan (Quasi equity) assistance to women entrepreneurs for setting up projects in Tiny Sector.
- Mahila Vikas Nidhi provides Training and employment opportunities to women through creation of necessary infrastructure.
- Assistance for participating in State and District level exhibitions organized by State/ District Authorities/ Associations
KSIDC’s five pronged strategy to support women entrepreneurs :
- Meet your Mentor: for continuous Mentoring Support
- See to feel: Regular Exposure Visits to Successful Units
- Source the Fund: Easier financial support
- Launch the venture: Incubation & infrastructure support
- Market connect: Networking support.